Monday, January 24, 2011

Been busy...in South Tyrol

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but I was here...



...doing this...


Roe deer venison goulash with red craut, berries and polenta

...and this...


Innichen - San Candido
Abbazia di Novacella




Speck, Gurken, Bretzeln and farmer bread







Liver Knoedel (canederli) in broth

Homemade fettucine with porcini mushrooms

Air dried meat with chiodini mushrooms

Raspberry gratin with vanilla mascarpone sauce



Apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream


Venison medallions with polenta

Okay, if you want to ski in the Dolomites and have a glass of Lagrein in your own chalet in front of a crackling fire while looking out onto the snow covered mountains. If you want to take a walk through the fields and farms of South Tyrol and have a hearty mountain lunch in a stube. If you want to swim in a pool with a mountain view and hang out in one of the many saunas. If you want to enjoy a sumptuous meal and then have a candle lit jacuzzi before falling into a feather bed, this place is for you.

We went for a family reunion and to celebrate an important birthday. Six adults and five children between 0 and 9 and we still managed to relax. It is not easy to find a resort that offers a touch of luxury while being a family hotel. This is both.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, looks like someone has been having a good time. I love your room, its so minimalist but natural, a great place to relax, and the food looks fab!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous looking trip! And everything that you ate looks absolutely divine (and brought back some lovely memories too!). I would love a teeny bit of snow now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HH - It really is less minimalist then it looks in the pics, more of a mountain style charm. Check out the link. It was lovely and great to see my family!
    NQN - I often envy reading about your summer, but I do love the mountains and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! This sounds like an awesome getaway! Glad you could get some vacation time in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. everything looks so good. great shots and thank you for sharing this post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..., I've gotta get me checked into a place like this...., it looks divine. The food alone would be enough to drive me there, awesome. The snow looks pretty fabulous for this Aussie (36C today). Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peggy, BBKD, Anna - it was less than 48 hours but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks faboulous... I have been dreaming about places like that, maybe next year. The food looks amazing I hope skiing was too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh, Sigh and double SIGH!

    What an amazing looking trip and for a family reunion! I think the only family reunions I have been to have been at a local park with sports courts and charcoal grills!

    NOW THIS was in style!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi polwig - Not much skiing unfortunately this time with two lil 'uns...maybe next year...but lots of walking and playing in the snow.
    DD&W - those are the perks of having family all over I guess, a good excuse to travel. But believe me when I say that sometimes I would happily settle for a playground and grill to even just have them in the same country (if not city), rather than 3 different countries and 2 continents.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a suggestion, opinion or your own experience. I love hearing from you.